Thursday, June 22, 2017

I'm Back! and NM Teacher Summit

Hello! I'm Jeremy!  I have just completed my 7th year of teaching.  7 years!  It went by so quickly.  Many of you may remember me as Mr. Michelbook from Mr. Michelbook's First Grade Classroom.  That was many years ago.  I had a hard time staying on top of the whole blogging thing.  I started to feel like I did not have a lot to contribute.  Boy! Was I wrong.  I have been on Instagram (click that link on the right to follow me... please! ).  I love using Instagram because you just need a photograph and minimal words to tell the story.  However, I miss telling a larger story.

I am so excited!  How many of you New Mexico teachers are going to the Teacher Summit on Monday and Tuesday?  I cannot wait.  I think it will be fun.  I mean... it's no I Teach conference in Las Vegas, but the state pays for it all so that's a plus.  I'm heading to Albuquerque with 3 of my teacher besties.  They have all worked with me in first grade at some point.  My #1 teacher bestie is still with me in first grade.  Last night, we all texted each other to plan our schedule for the conference.  Here's what we will be learning about:

  • The Power of Close Reading and The New Mexico Dream Team
  • Istation Make 'n Take: Problem Solving Foldable
  • NMTeach Domain 1: The Keys to High Quality Assignments
  • NMTeach Domain 3: Engagement
  • Using Student Work to Drive Instruction
  • Growing all Students Through High Quality Assignments
Awesome! Right!?  I will keep you all posted on how it's going each day.  If you are going, comment down below! ⬇️


No comments:

Post a Comment